Sunday, August 16, 2015

Love and Change

by Pastor Rob (2013)

Bev and I met each other in the sixth grade.  Bev got fairly disgusted with me right off.  I treated her in rude ways, I cussed a lot, I used crude jokes to “impress” her. And yes, overall my main strongpoint centered on being a jerk.  Now, granted, at 12 years old, my experiences limited my expertise at influencing someone who attracted me.  However, I wanted Bev to like me, and eventually I focused on finding out what pleased her, and what didn’t.  I started cleaning up my act.  Cuss words, out.  Rudeness, eliminated.  Nasty jokes, forgotten.  Slowly, I wooed her to my side.  The rest became history.  In all of this my life changed tremendously for the better.  It changed in more ways than I could ever have imagined. 

I bring all of this up to stress one point.  Love changes people.  Maybe the love of a young boy for a fascinating girl, or maybe the love of a son for his dad, or a daughter for her mom.  Whatever or wherever the love comes from, it makes changes.  Work the love through a spiritual anchor using Jesus Christ as your compass and power, and you can certainly get some things done.  It’s not easy, but sometimes it is.  You will get answers, sometimes hard ones, at least it seems hard at the time; but they will bring awesome results. 

As a young boy, I realized that persevering brought good.  I couldn’t give up.  You can’t give up.  If it is good, wholesome, and worthwhile, then press on.  Stay at it.  You will find rewards.   It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Corinthians 13:7)  The Bible provides a lot of information about real love.  Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment